To increase the likelihood that you receive many applicants, be aware of the following:
- Timing: Students are actively looking for jobs and internships around the time of the semester breaks. The best time to post your position is July & August, October & November and March & April.
- Job Description: The more engaging and descriptive you can make your job description, the more applicants you will receive.
- Pay: With the current labor market, most entry level jobs are starting around $9.00 – $11.00 per hour.
TBA Coming SOon
Check back later!
Looks like there are no upcoming events listed right now. If you know something is coming up but it isn't showing up...
Feb 04, 2021 Non-Profit Networking Event
12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Gardner Center Ballroom
Are you interested in working or interning for a Non Profit organization? Would you like the opportunity to volunteer and help the community? Then this event is for you. Many Non Profit Organizations from across Southern Utah will be on campus to talk to students about their Non Profit and potential future opportunities.
Feb 23, 2021 Spring Employment Virtual Fair
10:00 am-2:00 pm
This is a virtual hiring event. Please come prepared to participate in interviews and collect resumes. The students in attendance will be Juniors and Seniors looking for career opportunities and Freshmen – Seniors looking for internship opportunities. Businesses can anticipate between 500 – 600 students. Our goal is to connect qualified students with great companies to promote success for both parties.
Tips for Success
at an Upcoming Fair
We look forward to having you on campus, please click below for shipping information and helpful tips to make your attendance at this fair a success.
Representatives needing to ship materials may send them to the following address:
Attn: Shane Blocker
Dixie State University
225 S. University Ave.
St. George, UT 84770
Before the Fair
- You want to ensure your display demonstrates to observers what you do, and what you are looking for.
- Certainly use handouts to initiate conversations with students, but do not allow that to be your only presentation.
- There are no copy services available. Please bring all necessary materials with you.
- Request interview rooms and information sessions at least two weeks in advance.
- For more information, contact Ali Threet at email@example.com.
Interacting with Students
- Students prefer to hear an overall view of what you have to offer.
- Stand at your exhibit if you are able.
- Don’t wait for students to approach you, be assertive, while friendly and sincere.
- You will have higher student traffic if you make your booth as interactive and informational as possible. Students do not want to hear, “Go to our website.”
- We encourage you to collect resumes and conduct interviews.
After the Fair
- Respond to all inquiries personally as soon as you can.
- Consider connecting with students by participating in other Career Services programs and events throughout the year.
Here are many great hotels, motels and inns in the St. George area to accommodate your travel plans. Below you will find a list of hotels that love Dixie State University and have agreed to offer discounts for representatives recruiting DSU students.
Rates are subject to availability depending on occupancy and are subject to change without notice.